Answered By: Josh Weber Last Updated: Nov 27, 2018 Views: 4
Answered By: Josh Weber
Last Updated: Nov 27, 2018 Views: 4
How do I create an hanging indent?
- Highlight your citation
- Right click the highlighted text
- select Paragraph from the drop down menu
- In the paragraph window go to Indentation. Under Indentation go to the Special option and select Hanging. Also, make sure that the indent is 0.5" under the 'By' option.
- You citation should now have a hanging indent
- Make sure the ruler is visible. if it isn't click 'View' and then click 'show ruler'
- Select the text you want indented.
- On the ruler, drag the Left Indent (light blue inverted triangle) to the right as far as you want the text to be indented. As you will notice, the First Line Indent marker (light blue rectangle) will come along for the ride, and all your selected text will move to the right.