Answered By: Josh Weber Last Updated: Nov 09, 2018 Views: 36
How to Place a Hold Request for Library Material
(Holds may be placed for materials that are either checked out or on the shelf.)
1. Go to the library home page: www.sunywcc.edu/library.
2. Click on Books/Media tab and select Advanced search located below the search bar
3. Click User Information.
4. Click the Log On button.
5. Click Basic Search and choose search type.
6. Enter Search Terms (eg. Title, Author, Subject) and click Go.
7. Check availability of the item by clicking on "Is it here?"
8. Click on Request. You will see the hold request. Click Go.
9. For confirmation that the book is now on hold, return to the "Is it here?" link. You should see the word Requested under the due date. If the hold request is for a book that is on the shelf, you will be notified to pick it up within 24 hours, or the book will be reshelved.